EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – With the threat of heavy rains and thunderstorms looming over Westchester County on Wednesday night, the Bob Larro Orchestra Concert that was scheduled in Eastchester has been postponed.
The concert, which is the third installment of the Eastchester Summer Sounds Concert Series, has been postponed until 8 p.m. on Thursday, July 24 at the Lake Isle Country Club Driving Range.
The Bob Larro Orchestra, a local band, has been a Westchester fixture for more than 30 years. Their performances feature classic hits from superstars such as Tony Bennett, Billy Joel and Frank Sinatra.
According to the National Weather Service, thunderstorms are expected to roll into Eastchester at approximately 7 p.m. and continue until noon on Thursday with temperatures hovering near 80 degrees. Gusty winds are expected and heavy rain is expected to accumulate to as much as a quarter of an inch. A hazardous weather outlook was put into effect through Wednesday night.
The Eastchester Summer Concert Series will continue next week at 8 p.m. on Tuesday, July 30 at Lake Isle, with Streets of the Bronx, a group that plays everything from R&B and reggae to classic rock and swing music.
- 1 Eastchester Mom Debuts Fashion, Lifestyle Blog For Parents
- 2 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 3 Longtime Eastchester Trustee To Take Over As Town Justice
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Eastchester Public Library Represents At Battle Of Books