EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – With the threat of heavy rains and thunderstorms looming over Westchester County on Wednesday night, the Bob Larro Orchestra Concert that was scheduled in Eastchester has been postponed.
The concert, which is the third installment of the Eastchester Summer Sounds Concert Series, has been postponed until 8 p.m. on Thursday, July 24 at the Lake Isle Country Club Driving Range.
The Bob Larro Orchestra, a local band, has been a Westchester fixture for more than 30 years. Their performances feature classic hits from superstars such as Tony Bennett, Billy Joel and Frank Sinatra.
According to the National Weather Service, thunderstorms are expected to roll into Eastchester at approximately 7 p.m. and continue until noon on Thursday with temperatures hovering near 80 degrees. Gusty winds are expected and heavy rain is expected to accumulate to as much as a quarter of an inch. A hazardous weather outlook was put into effect through Wednesday night.
The Eastchester Summer Concert Series will continue next week at 8 p.m. on Tuesday, July 30 at Lake Isle, with Streets of the Bronx, a group that plays everything from R&B and reggae to classic rock and swing music.
- 1 Missing 14-Year-Old Eastchester Girl Is Found In NYC
- 2 Eastchester Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Eastchester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Eastchester
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow