TUCKAHOE, N.Y. – Gilda Honeysett, a lifelong resident of Tuckahoe and Eastchester, died Dec. 25. She was 91.
Honeysett was born Oct. 2, 1921, in Tuckahoe to Americo and Zaira Rizzoli. She graduated from Tuckahoe High School and worked at Burroughs-Welcome in Tuckahoe during World War II.
On Dec. 11, 1949, she married Robert Honeysett of New Rochelle. He predeceased her May 25, 2008.
She worked as beautician at the Patio Hair Salon in Tuckahoe and later Eastchester, as well as as co-owner of The Fashion Den, a ladies' clothing store in Tuckahoe.
Honeysett and her husband were active members of the Elks and Emblem Clubs in Scarsdale. They spent their retirement years traveling through Europe, cruising the Caribbean and spending time with their grandchildren.
She is survived by two sons, Thomas, of New Rochelle, and Robert, of Fort Worth, Texas; and five grandchildren. She was predeceased by two sisters, Sue and Fern.
Memorial visitation is from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday at Westchester Funeral Home in Eastchester. Inurnment will follow at Ferncliff Cemetery in Hartsdale.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Hebrew Home of Riverdale, 5901 Palisade Ave., Riverdale NY 10471, and the Alzheimer's Association.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 State Police Warn Eastchester Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Scarsdale Couple To Make Small Screen Debut On CBS