EAST DENNIS, Mass. - Margaret Roy Gotti of East Dennis, formerly of Yonkers and Eastchester, N.Y., died July 15. She was 73.
Gotti was born June 11, 1940, in Glasgow, Scotland, daughter of James and Louisa Roy. She came to the United States in 1947. She graduated from Hunter College with a Master's Degree and earned a Doctorate from Fordham University. She began her teaching career at Lincoln High School in Yonkers, N.Y.
She served as trustee and president of the Tuckahoe School Board. She joined the faculty of Pace University in 1981 and served through 2001, retiring as Senior Vice president and tenured professor, Department of Public Administration. She retired to Cape Cod. She was a member of the Brewster Baptist Church and the Cape Museum of Fine Arts, Cape Symphony, Dennis-Yarmouth Newcomers, Cape Cod Art Association and the Village Garden Club of Dennis.
Gotti is survived by her husband, Robert Charles Gotti; sons, Robert Roy Gotti (Claire) of Westwood, and Keith Charles Gotti (Nicole) of Ridgefield, Conn.; and seven grandchildren.
Calling hours are from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday, July 22 at Doane Beal & Ames in Dennis. A memorial service to celebrate Gotti’s life will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday, July 23 at the Brewster Baptist Church.
For more information, please visit: www.westchesterfuneralhome.com
- 1 Eastchester's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Sunspot Solar Flares Could Disrupt Eastchester Communication Signals