EASTCHESTER, N.Y. - Martin P. McAteer, a longtime resident of Eastchester, died Feb. 22. He was 80.
McAteer was born in Providence, R.I., to Martin P. and Amelia (Smith) McAteer Sr. He was a retired marine engineer and had obtained his Chief Engineering License in the Maritime Industry.
McAteer is survived by his wife, Barbara McAteer; and sisters, Joan Read, Arlene Corrigan and Patricia Poss. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 28 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Westchester Funeral Home, Inc., Eastchester. A Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, March 1 at Immaculate Conception Church, Tuckahoe. Interment to follow at Holy Mount Cemetery.
For more information, please visit: http://www.westchesterfuneralhome.com
- 1 Vigil Set For Four Women Killed In Crash That Injured Eastchester HS Grad
- 2 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 3 Westchester Native Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Was Jungle Explorer
- 4 Police Investigating Overnight Home Invasion In New Rochelle
- 5 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk