HAMPTON BAYS, N.Y. - Michael "Mike" Bossio of Hampton Bays, formerly of Eastchester, died Friday, July 11. He was 76.
Bossio was born Oct. 25, 1937, in the Bronx, and was the son of James and Elvira Bossio and was a long time resident of Eastchester. For many years, he ran the family's restaurant - Bossio's Hill Café in Manhattan. Following his time in the restaurant business, he went on to spend a few more years at Vail Chevrolet in Harrison. Once retired, he moved to the east end of Long Island to spend time with his wife Mary.
Bossio is survived by his sons, James and Damian; and two grandsons. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Wednesday, July 16 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Edwin L. Bennett Funeral Home in Scarsdale. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Thursday, July 17 at Immaculate Heart of Mary Church in Scarsdale. Interment will follow in Holy Mount Cemetery in Eastchester.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Eastchester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Eastchester
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Eastchester; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Accidents On Slippery Westchester Roadways Include Jackknifed Trailer