EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – Pasquale Schiavone, a former longtime Eastchester resident, died Nov. 3. He was 79.
He was born Nov. 22, 1932, in San Marzano, Italy, to Francesco and Elisa Ciancia Schiavone. Known to friends and family as "Patsy," he lived Eastchester for 50 years. He was most recently of Heritage Hills in Somers. He worked as a foreman for the Village of Bronxville, where he was employed for 40 years until his retirement in 1999.
An avid gardener, Schiavone was happy working in his garden. He enjoyed taking trips to his home in Cape Cod, Mass., and spending time with family there.
He is survived by his wife, Antoinette; two daughters, Bernadette Cubita and Elisa (John) Di Bari; a sister, Tina Fiorini; a brother, Ralpheal Schiavone, of Florence, Italy; and two grandchildren.
Visitation is from 9 to 10 a.m. Wednesday at Westchester Funeral Home in Eastchester. A Mass of requiem will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. at Immaculate Conception Church. Entombment will follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Capeabilities Farm.
- 1 Eastchester's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 5 Eastchester High School Provides Guidelines For Halloween Attire