EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – Regina Garnsey, a longtime Eastchester resident, died Monday, Oct. 8. She was 98.
Garnsey was born Aug. 24, 1914, in Bronxville to Anna and Ignatious Karlan. She worked at Burroughs Welcome in Tuckahoe, Schraffts Restaurant in Scarsdale and Tom Carvel's Hubie Shop in Ardsley.
She married John C. Garnsey Sr. on June 30, 1933. He died April 10, 1980. She was a 50-year member of the Order of Eastern Star Minnehaha Chapter 227, and served as an officer many years ago.
Garnsey is survived by a son, John C. (Lynne) Garnsey Jr.; four grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Edwin L. Bennett Funeral Home in Scarsdale. A viewing will be held from 9 to 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home. A religious service will immediately follow. Burial will take place at Kensico Cemetery in Valhalla.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations can be made to the Myasthenia Gravis Foundation, 61 Gramercy Park N., Suite 605, New York, NY 10010.
- 1 State Police Warn Eastchester Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Scarsdale Couple To Make Small Screen Debut On CBS
- 5 Eastchester Names Darrell Stinchcomb Principal For Greenvale School