EASTCHESTER, N.Y. - Stephen J. Glatzl of Eastchester died Thursday, July 3. He was 70.
Glatzl was born in 1944, and was a lifelong Westchester County resident growing up in Mamaroneck. He graduated from Stepinac High School and later resided in Fleetwood. He settled in Eastchester. He worked at Harvey Electronics in White Plains starting as a floor salesperson in 1968 and eventually working his way up to become a store manager and co-general manager. He left Harvey Electronics in 1986 to start his own home theater and car stereo sales business, Sound Decisions (and later the New York Marketing Team after merging with another rep firm) which he ran from his home in Eastchester until his retirement in 2013.
He was a Vietnam veteran serving from 1967 to 1968 with the 1st Cavalry Division. He was a recipient of the Purple Heart medal and was discharged with the rank of sergeant in 1972.
Glatzl is survived by his wife, Joan; sons, David, Eric (Lynn Diaz Glatzl) and Adam Glatzl; sister, Virginia Neumeister; a grandchild. He was predeceased by his grandchild, Ava Glatzl.
Calling hours are Tuesday, July 8 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Westchester Funeral Inc., Eastchester. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, July 9 at St. Joseph's Church in Bronxville.
- 1 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 2 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester
- 3 Bronxville Attorney Charged With Stealing From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Bronx River Parkway Closures Continue Thursday, Friday