EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – An apparent electrical issue was likely the cause of a fire that started at about 3:30 a.m. at a Lakeshore Drive property in Eastchester.
Officials said everyone was evacuated from the home safely after being awoken by a smoke detector and anxious barking dog. Firefighters had difficulty located the fire, which was confined to the basement and first floor ceiling.
The blaze was extinguished quickly, with parts of the ground floor and basement damaged. The official cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 IRS Warns Eastchester Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 Cell Phone Violation Leads To Scarsdale Woman's DWI Charge
- 5 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill