EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – An apparent electrical issue was likely the cause of a fire that started at about 3:30 a.m. at a Lakeshore Drive property in Eastchester.
Officials said everyone was evacuated from the home safely after being awoken by a smoke detector and anxious barking dog. Firefighters had difficulty located the fire, which was confined to the basement and first floor ceiling.
The blaze was extinguished quickly, with parts of the ground floor and basement damaged. The official cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- 1 Eastchester Father Is Charged In Car Crash That Killed Three
- 2 Tuckahoe Teen Faces Hate Crime Charge After Mall Attacks
- 3 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 4 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 5 Eastchester Police Investigate Series of Home Burglaries