EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – An apparent electrical issue was likely the cause of a fire that started at about 3:30 a.m. at a Lakeshore Drive property in Eastchester.
Officials said everyone was evacuated from the home safely after being awoken by a smoke detector and anxious barking dog. Firefighters had difficulty located the fire, which was confined to the basement and first floor ceiling.
The blaze was extinguished quickly, with parts of the ground floor and basement damaged. The official cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- 1 Eastchester's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Mount Vernon Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 4 Sunspot Solar Flares Could Disrupt Eastchester Communication Signals
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible To Eastchester Residents