EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – An apparent electrical issue was likely the cause of a fire that started at about 3:30 a.m. at a Lakeshore Drive property in Eastchester.
Officials said everyone was evacuated from the home safely after being awoken by a smoke detector and anxious barking dog. Firefighters had difficulty located the fire, which was confined to the basement and first floor ceiling.
The blaze was extinguished quickly, with parts of the ground floor and basement damaged. The official cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- 1 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Former Tuckahoe Superintendent's Stepson
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car
- 4 Tuckahoe Among Latest Communities To Start Collecting Hotel-Motel Tax
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Eastchester