EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – An apparent electrical issue was likely the cause of a fire that started at about 3:30 a.m. at a Lakeshore Drive property in Eastchester.
Officials said everyone was evacuated from the home safely after being awoken by a smoke detector and anxious barking dog. Firefighters had difficulty located the fire, which was confined to the basement and first floor ceiling.
The blaze was extinguished quickly, with parts of the ground floor and basement damaged. The official cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- 1 Lifelong Eastchester Resident Tabbed To Fill Vacant Town Board Seat
- 2 Snow Likely In Eastchester On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Eastchester Varsity Team Places First At Cheerleading Event
- 4 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 5 Eastchester Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday