EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – A pair of Eastchester police officers have been promoted to the rank of detective, Police Chief Timothy Bonci announced.
Jorge Lage, an eight-year veteran of the force, and Michael Martins, who has been serving in Eastchester after two years patrolling the streets of Mount Vernon, each had their detective designations approved by the Eastchester Town Board on Tuesday.
Martins was the Rookie of the Year of the Mount Vernon Police Department in 2009. He currently works in the Traffic Division and the Drug and Alcohol Task Force. Martins holds a bachelor’s degree from the New York Institute of Technology and is certified in operating radar, in street crime investigations and as a youth officer.
Lage has a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice from Iona College. He is a veteran of the Traffic Division, Drug and Alcohol Task Force and Emergency Response Unit. He currently serves as a field training officer. Lage is certified in special weapons, radar, breath test and S.W.A.T. operations.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Eastchester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Eastchester; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Eastchester Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Storm System Departs Eastchester, Snow Could Return Thursday
- 5 Eastchester Father Reportedly Waives Hearing In Crash To Protect Daughter