EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – A pair of Eastchester police officers have been promoted to the rank of detective, Police Chief Timothy Bonci announced.
Jorge Lage, an eight-year veteran of the force, and Michael Martins, who has been serving in Eastchester after two years patrolling the streets of Mount Vernon, each had their detective designations approved by the Eastchester Town Board on Tuesday.
Martins was the Rookie of the Year of the Mount Vernon Police Department in 2009. He currently works in the Traffic Division and the Drug and Alcohol Task Force. Martins holds a bachelor’s degree from the New York Institute of Technology and is certified in operating radar, in street crime investigations and as a youth officer.
Lage has a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice from Iona College. He is a veteran of the Traffic Division, Drug and Alcohol Task Force and Emergency Response Unit. He currently serves as a field training officer. Lage is certified in special weapons, radar, breath test and S.W.A.T. operations.
- 1 Woman Kicks, Spits At Officers During DWI Arrest In Eastchester, Police Say
- 2 Burglary Suspect Apprehended In Bronxville After Overnight Foot Chase
- 3 Schumer Calls For Harsher 'Swatting' Penalties In Eastchester Visit
- 4 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Boil Water Advisory In Effect For Eastchester, Tuckahoe