EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- The Town of Eastchester is looking for a new member of the Board of Fire Commissioners.
Residents in the town interested in running for commissioner need to get 25 signatures from registered Town of Eastchester voters for a petition to put names on the ballot of the Dec. 10 election, according to a news release.
The board consists of five members, each one elected by the qualified voters of the district to a five-year term, according to the release. The position is volunteer and elections for commissioner are held annually for one of the five seats, "thus ensuring that there are always experienced commissioners in office per Town Law 175," according to the release.
"Candidates for office must submit their name in writing to the district secretary, signifying their request to be placed on the ballot at least 20 days prior to the election date per Town Law 176," according to the release.
- 1 Police Investigating Third Home Burglary In Bronxville This Month
- 2 Westchester Law Enforcement Assists Bronxville In Burglaries Investigation
- 3 Yonkers Principal Threatens Soccer Dad, Says Report
- 4 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 5 Police Ask Public's Help In Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs