HARRISON, N.Y. – Loss of power caused a small airplane to crash land in a parking lot off King Street outside Westchester County Airport early Saturday, according to an initial report from the National Transportation Safety Board.
“The airplane struck trees during a forced landing,” NTSB spokesman Eric Weiss said. “We’re investigating.”
The pilot of the Beechcraft Bonanza 35b33 was on his way to Westchester County Airport from Pittsburgh’s Rock Airport when the crash occurred.
He was “shaken up” by the incident, according to a published report.
A preliminary report will be available on the NTSB website “within 10 business days after the accident,” Weiss said.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Eastchester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Eastchester
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Eastchester; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Accidents On Slippery Westchester Roadways Include Jackknifed Trailer