EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – Two women were arrested Saturday night at Lord & Taylor in Eastchester after attempting to steal more than $1,500 worth of clothes, police said.
Kadeja Crooks, 19, of the Bronx and Marcia Matthews, 50, of Yonkers were charged with felony larceny. They stuffed $1,593 worth of merchandise into shopping bags but were apprehended by Lord & Taylor security, Sgt. George Barletta said.
The suspects were released on $500 bail and are due in court on Wednesday. Barletta said the holiday season tends to bring out this type of behavior.
“I imagine that shoplifters will begin to pick up for a few weeks,” he said.
The following item also was reported by Eastchester police:
Trumpet Stolen: A trumpet valued at $2,000 was stolen from the band room of Eastchester High School. A teacher reported to police that between Nov. 30 and Friday, Dec. 14, someone entered the room and stole the instrument. Barletta said there was no sign of forced entry.
- 1 Eastchester Man Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Eastchester Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Car Accident That Killed Three
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Tuckahoe Biz Owner Shows Mindfulness Matters Through Outdoor Yoga Event