EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – Two women were arrested Saturday night at Lord & Taylor in Eastchester after attempting to steal more than $1,500 worth of clothes, police said.
Kadeja Crooks, 19, of the Bronx and Marcia Matthews, 50, of Yonkers were charged with felony larceny. They stuffed $1,593 worth of merchandise into shopping bags but were apprehended by Lord & Taylor security, Sgt. George Barletta said.
The suspects were released on $500 bail and are due in court on Wednesday. Barletta said the holiday season tends to bring out this type of behavior.
“I imagine that shoplifters will begin to pick up for a few weeks,” he said.
The following item also was reported by Eastchester police:
Trumpet Stolen: A trumpet valued at $2,000 was stolen from the band room of Eastchester High School. A teacher reported to police that between Nov. 30 and Friday, Dec. 14, someone entered the room and stole the instrument. Barletta said there was no sign of forced entry.
- 1 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Eastchester
- 3 Eastchester Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Eastchester Tuesday
- 5 Mother Convicted Of Using Salt To Poison Son Who Died In Westchester County