EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – Since entering Tuckahoe High School as a freshman, Casey Stevko has distinguished herself apart from her peers in the classroom, in the community, and on the sports field.
This week, Stevko capped off her impressive high school career by being named the valedictorian of the Tuckahoe High School Class of 2013.
As a student, Stevko stood out in the most rigorous program Tuckahoe offers, achieving a perfect score on four different Regents exams while maintaining a 100.83 grade point average in all advanced placement and honors courses.
Stevko was the recipient of seven different Senior Awards, which are given to the student with the highest academic average in each subject area.
Off the field, Stevko volunteers at the school and community. A two-time all-section shortstop and last year’s softball player of the year, she won a Con Edison Scholarship recognizing her accomplishments as a student-athlete.
In the fall, Stevko will be continuing her education at the University of Pennsylvania, where she was an early decision applicant. She will continue her studies and will be a member of the softball team.
- 1 Vigil Set For Four Women Killed In Crash That Injured Eastchester HS Grad
- 2 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 3 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 4 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 5 Parking Changes Coming To Bronxville Next Month