EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – Since entering Tuckahoe High School as a freshman, Casey Stevko has distinguished herself apart from her peers in the classroom, in the community, and on the sports field.
This week, Stevko capped off her impressive high school career by being named the valedictorian of the Tuckahoe High School Class of 2013.
As a student, Stevko stood out in the most rigorous program Tuckahoe offers, achieving a perfect score on four different Regents exams while maintaining a 100.83 grade point average in all advanced placement and honors courses.
Stevko was the recipient of seven different Senior Awards, which are given to the student with the highest academic average in each subject area.
Off the field, Stevko volunteers at the school and community. A two-time all-section shortstop and last year’s softball player of the year, she won a Con Edison Scholarship recognizing her accomplishments as a student-athlete.
In the fall, Stevko will be continuing her education at the University of Pennsylvania, where she was an early decision applicant. She will continue her studies and will be a member of the softball team.
- 1 Possible Blue-Bag Heroin Death Of 21-Year-Old Probed In Eastchester
- 2 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 3 Eastchester Father Reportedly Waives Hearing In Crash To Protect Daughter
- 4 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Eastchester
- 5 Storm System Departs Eastchester, Snow Could Return Thursday