EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – The Eastchester Union Free School District has nearly completed its $6.5 million energy renovation project.
Lighting fixtures and controls have been retrofitted district-wide, and heating systems have been revamped at the middle school and Greenvale Elementary School.
Decrepit and out-of-date boilers at Greenvale and the middle school have been replaced with more eco-friendly modern versions. Steam distribution systems were put in place, and computers were installed with power management.
At the middle school, electric work has been finished, and construction on gas lines is 90 percent complete. Con Edison is expected to turn on the new service over spring recess.
In addition to the work on heating and gas systems, the district has also been doing field work in preparation for spring sports. All infields have been tilled, and stone dust was added to the high school baseball field in the coaching boxes and dugouts. A new outfield fence was installed, and the field at Anne Hutchinson Elementary School was tilled and cut.
- 1 Missing 14-Year-Old Eastchester Girl Is Found In NYC
- 2 Eastchester Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Eastchester
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Eastchester, Blizzard Watch Issued