EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – The next Eastchester Special Education PTA (SEPTA) meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday, March 18, and will include a resource fair discuss early planning for summer activities and events.
The fair will be in the Eastchester High School Library. Come to stroll through and collect information at an informal gathering of camps, sports organizations, social groups, and a host of other activities geared toward special needs students including ADD/ADHD and autistic students, of all ages. Meet and/or collect information from vendors represented at this no-pressure event. Children and outside districts are welcome.
Doors will be open from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. If you know of a service provider you would like to include/invite, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming events for Eastchester SEPTA include the following:
- RCSN presents Common Core and Students with Disabilities Resources for Children with Special Needs on Thursday, March 19, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., featuring special guest speaker Kate Gerson, senior fellow for Educator Engagement and the Common Core Regents Research Fund. From 5:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. will be coffee; the reception and program will be from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.; the program registration and more information can be found at http://www.eventbrite.com/e/rcsn-presents-common-core-and-students-with-disabilities-registration-15500863500 .
- April 16 at the EHS Library at 7 p.m., The Eastchester SEPTA meeting presenting the Employment Training Program, originally scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 11 at 6:45 p.m., has been postponed until Thursday, April 16;
- April 25, bingo and brownies;
- May 6 at the EHS Library at 7 p.m.;
- and June 4, closed executive board meeting.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.