EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – Students at the Anne Hutchinson School have been hard at work both inside and outside of the classroom, fundraising to benefit those affected by the school shooting tragedy in Newtown, Conn.
Students and staff decorated foam hearts that contained heartfelt messages to the Newtown Community. For each heart, $1 was donated to the cause.
The hearts are now displayed on the front lawn of Anne Hutchinson, and motorists driving by have been honking their horns to show their enthusiasm and appreciation for the efforts of the students.
Members of the Anne Hutchinson Student Council, which are advised by Bobbi Iacovelli and Felicia Maldari, raised approximately $400, which will be donated to the Sandy Hook Foundation for building playgrounds to honor the 26 victims.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 IRS Warns Eastchester Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill
- 5 Optical Visit Relocates From New Rochelle To Eastchester