EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- The Eastchester school district is inviting residents to weigh in on whether or not the district should implement a property tax exemption for qualified veterans.
The Eastchester Board of Education is wrestling with the fact that any tax reduction for qualified veterans would result in nonveterans and nonqualified veterans bearing more of the tax burden since the state does not plan to reimburse the revenue that would be lost from veterans who qualify for the new exemptions.
The town of Eastchester estimates a rough average increased cost to nonveteran property owners (or nonqualifying veteran property owners) of $101 annually.
Eastchester residents are urged to contact the Board of Education to express their opinions on the proposed veterans tax exemption bill.
Send comments via email to BOE@Eastchester.k12.ny.us or mail to: Eastchester Board of Education, 580 White Plains Road, Eastchester, NY 10709.
- 1 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 2 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Eastchester
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Eastchester
- 5 Eastchester Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm