EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- The Eastchester school district is inviting residents to weigh in on whether or not the district should implement a property tax exemption for qualified veterans.
The Eastchester Board of Education is wrestling with the fact that any tax reduction for qualified veterans would result in nonveterans and nonqualified veterans bearing more of the tax burden since the state does not plan to reimburse the revenue that would be lost from veterans who qualify for the new exemptions.
The town of Eastchester estimates a rough average increased cost to nonveteran property owners (or nonqualifying veteran property owners) of $101 annually.
Eastchester residents are urged to contact the Board of Education to express their opinions on the proposed veterans tax exemption bill.
Send comments via email to BOE@Eastchester.k12.ny.us or mail to: Eastchester Board of Education, 580 White Plains Road, Eastchester, NY 10709.
- 1 Eastchester Father Is Charged In Car Crash That Killed Three
- 2 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 3 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 4 Eastchester Police Investigate Series of Home Burglaries
- 5 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Eastchester