EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – The Eastchester Special Education Parent Teacher Association will welcome a clinical professor of literacy education to the high school next week to give a lecture about “raising a confident reader.”
At 7 p.m., on Feb. 6, in the Eastchester High School Library, Carolyn Polchinski will provide a workshop for parents, including those that have children with special needs. She will discuss innovative approaches to teaching reading to children and teenagers.
During the workshop, the professor will help to increase students’ motivation, improve their confidence and empower them to become stronger, more independent readers.
Polchinski is the founder of Confident Readers, an educational consulting firm, which provides reading and writing support for students that struggle with attention -deficit hyperactivity disorder, dyslexia and have other special needs. She currently teaches elementary school and has taught a dozen post-graduate courses in reading, literacy and language education.
- 1 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Eastchester
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Eastchester
- 4 Eastchester Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Eastchester Tuesday