EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – The Eastchester Special Education Parent Teacher Association will welcome a clinical professor of literacy education to the high school next week to give a lecture about “raising a confident reader.”
At 7 p.m., on Feb. 6, in the Eastchester High School Library, Carolyn Polchinski will provide a workshop for parents, including those that have children with special needs. She will discuss innovative approaches to teaching reading to children and teenagers.
During the workshop, the professor will help to increase students’ motivation, improve their confidence and empower them to become stronger, more independent readers.
Polchinski is the founder of Confident Readers, an educational consulting firm, which provides reading and writing support for students that struggle with attention -deficit hyperactivity disorder, dyslexia and have other special needs. She currently teaches elementary school and has taught a dozen post-graduate courses in reading, literacy and language education.
- 1 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Eastchester Skies Sunday
- 3 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Parts Of Westchester County
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95