EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – Following an oil- painting residency with Leah Lopez in the fall, several Eastchester High School art students will have their work displayed at the OSilas Gallery at Concordia College.
The seven session residency in “still life painting with oils” began in late November with demonstrations, followed by painting sessions with students.
Participants worked in controlled lighting setups and painted the lights and darks in Old Master style. Students from drawing and painting, advanced studio and portfolio preparation participated in the unit.
Lopez, who currently teaches at the New York Academy, has had her paintings represented at galleries around the country, from Pasadena, Calif. to Bronxville. She’s earned awards from organizations such as the Scottsdale Artists School, American Women Artists, National Association of Women Artists and others for her work.
The Eastchester Schools Foundation and the High School PTA funded the residency. Sophomore Olivia Hughes and seniors Raylla Chan and Jung Park will have their paintings displayed at the OSilas Gallery until Jan. 27 as part of the Regional High School StArt Exhibit. Many student projects will also be exhibited at the annual Eastchester Arts Festival in May.
- 1 Woman Kicks, Spits At Officers During DWI Arrest In Eastchester, Police Say
- 2 Schumer Calls For Harsher 'Swatting' Penalties In Eastchester Visit
- 3 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Boil Water Advisory In Effect For Eastchester, Tuckahoe
- 5 Water Boil Advisory Issued In Eastchester, Tuckahoe