EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Seven Eastchester students have been named to the 2014 Spring All-County Orchestra and Band Festivals.
Seven Eastchester students have won seats in the annual Westchester County All-County Band and Orchestra festivals on Mar. 8 and 9 at the SUNY Purchase Performing Arts theater.
"Going well beyond their school requirements, these students auditioned for seats in the very prestigious competition, and surpassed hundreds of musicians from other schools in our county," representatives said. "Their hard work and determination will be rewarded by the opportunity to perform with the other county-level musicians."
The elementary students named were trumpeter Stephen DeLotto and cellist Celia Visco. The Eastchester Middle School students named were cellist Eleonora Frokic, Chris Tyrrell on drums and flutists Sofia Mottura, Caroline Capuano and Nicole Liao.
- 1 Possible Blue-Bag Heroin Death Of 21-Year-Old In Eastchester Probed
- 2 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 3 Eastchester Father Reportedly Waives Hearing In Crash To Protect Daughter
- 4 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Eastchester
- 5 Tuckahoe School District Shows Off Technology