EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Seven Eastchester students have been named to the 2014 Spring All-County Orchestra and Band Festivals.
Seven Eastchester students have won seats in the annual Westchester County All-County Band and Orchestra festivals on Mar. 8 and 9 at the SUNY Purchase Performing Arts theater.
"Going well beyond their school requirements, these students auditioned for seats in the very prestigious competition, and surpassed hundreds of musicians from other schools in our county," representatives said. "Their hard work and determination will be rewarded by the opportunity to perform with the other county-level musicians."
The elementary students named were trumpeter Stephen DeLotto and cellist Celia Visco. The Eastchester Middle School students named were cellist Eleonora Frokic, Chris Tyrrell on drums and flutists Sofia Mottura, Caroline Capuano and Nicole Liao.
- 1 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Three New Eastchester Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Eastchester
- 5 Tuckahoe House Lights Up For Holidays