EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Seven Eastchester students have been named to the 2014 Spring All-County Orchestra and Band Festivals.
Seven Eastchester students have won seats in the annual Westchester County All-County Band and Orchestra festivals on Mar. 8 and 9 at the SUNY Purchase Performing Arts theater.
"Going well beyond their school requirements, these students auditioned for seats in the very prestigious competition, and surpassed hundreds of musicians from other schools in our county," representatives said. "Their hard work and determination will be rewarded by the opportunity to perform with the other county-level musicians."
The elementary students named were trumpeter Stephen DeLotto and cellist Celia Visco. The Eastchester Middle School students named were cellist Eleonora Frokic, Chris Tyrrell on drums and flutists Sofia Mottura, Caroline Capuano and Nicole Liao.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Eastchester Skies Sunday
- 2 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Eastchester, NOAA Predicts
- 3 Eastchester Teachers Kick Off 'Home/School Partnership'
- 4 Flooding, Accidents Cause Thursday Morning Delays
- 5 Man Who Allegedly Threatened His Former High School Arrested In Greenburgh