EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – While teachers at the Eastchester High School will miss the seniors who graduated on Friday, they understand the responsibility they have to prepare the other 1,000 students who frequent the district.
Beginning on Tuesday, there will be summer sessions at the high school to prepare students for the SAT, PSAT and ACT. There will also be a workshop designed to optimize students’ college applications.
Classes are sponsored by the Teacher Institute of Lower Westchester, and will be taught by veteran instructors Ruth Kambar and Matthew Caraccio. There will be additional sessions available at the Pelham High School.
Courses will run for one month, meeting every Tuesday and Thursday from June 25 to July 25. The test-taking preparation classes will take place from 4 to 7 p.m., with the college application essay workshop following, until 8:15 p.m.
Those interested in registering for either or both of the summer sessions can register on the Teacher Institute of Lower Westchester website.
- 1 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 2 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 3 Police Seek Suspect In Scarsdale Dry Cleaner Robbery
- 4 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College
- 5 Snow Could Return To Eastchester For Monday Morning Commute