EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – The Eastchester School District has cancelled all afterschool activities on Monday as a result of the tornado watch.
The National Weather Service issued a tornado watch in Westchester County that will be in affect until 5 p.m. Heavy rains are expected to reach the area at approximately 3 p.m., with winds exceeding 30 miles per hour.
Rain is expected to continue through the night before slowing down after midnight. The weather is expected to be clear and sunny on Tuesday.
According to public relations officer MaryEllen Byrne, all afterschool activities will be cancelled on Monday, though students will be dismissed from class at the regular times.
The after school facilities at Woodlot, Lincoln Academy and the EASY Program will be in operation this afternoon. Students that participate in those programs will be transported by bus.
- 1 Eastchester Man Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Eastchester Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Car Accident That Killed Three
- 4 Tuckahoe Biz Owner Shows Mindfulness Matters Through Outdoor Yoga Event
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital