EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – The Eastchester School District has cancelled all afterschool activities on Monday as a result of the tornado watch.
The National Weather Service issued a tornado watch in Westchester County that will be in affect until 5 p.m. Heavy rains are expected to reach the area at approximately 3 p.m., with winds exceeding 30 miles per hour.
Rain is expected to continue through the night before slowing down after midnight. The weather is expected to be clear and sunny on Tuesday.
According to public relations officer MaryEllen Byrne, all afterschool activities will be cancelled on Monday, though students will be dismissed from class at the regular times.
The after school facilities at Woodlot, Lincoln Academy and the EASY Program will be in operation this afternoon. Students that participate in those programs will be transported by bus.
- 1 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 3 Man, 34, Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI
- 4 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager