EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – The Eastchester School District has cancelled all afterschool activities on Monday as a result of the tornado watch.
The National Weather Service issued a tornado watch in Westchester County that will be in affect until 5 p.m. Heavy rains are expected to reach the area at approximately 3 p.m., with winds exceeding 30 miles per hour.
Rain is expected to continue through the night before slowing down after midnight. The weather is expected to be clear and sunny on Tuesday.
According to public relations officer MaryEllen Byrne, all afterschool activities will be cancelled on Monday, though students will be dismissed from class at the regular times.
The after school facilities at Woodlot, Lincoln Academy and the EASY Program will be in operation this afternoon. Students that participate in those programs will be transported by bus.
- 1 State Police Warn Eastchester Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Eastchester Names Darrell Stinchcomb Principal For Greenvale School
- 3 Scarsdale Couple To Make Small Screen Debut On CBS
- 4 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation