EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – The Eastchester School District has cancelled all afterschool activities on Monday as a result of the tornado watch.
The National Weather Service issued a tornado watch in Westchester County that will be in affect until 5 p.m. Heavy rains are expected to reach the area at approximately 3 p.m., with winds exceeding 30 miles per hour.
Rain is expected to continue through the night before slowing down after midnight. The weather is expected to be clear and sunny on Tuesday.
According to public relations officer MaryEllen Byrne, all afterschool activities will be cancelled on Monday, though students will be dismissed from class at the regular times.
The after school facilities at Woodlot, Lincoln Academy and the EASY Program will be in operation this afternoon. Students that participate in those programs will be transported by bus.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Eastchester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Eastchester; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Eastchester Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Cuomo Implements Full Travel Ban, Declares State Of Emergency