TUCKAHOE, N.Y. -- The Tuckahoe Union Free School District is celebrating Random Acts of Kindness Week.
Students in all grades are celebrating the special week through Friday, Feb. 14. The Tuckahoe Parent Teacher Association event is “designed to call attention to the value of kind actions and gives everyone a chance to experience the joy of passing along kindness to others,” according to co-chairs, Janna Conybeare and Karen Kelly.
The schools will feature daily themes with corresponding exercises including: “Be a Buddy, Not a Bully” and “You Make Me Happy Because…” at William E. Cottle Elementary School and “Help Out Our Furry Friends” at Tuckahoe Middle School and Tuckahoe High School.
There will be community service opportunities throughout the week benefitting various local organizations such as Family Services of Westchester and Mount Vernon Animal Shelter. The week will culminate with a School-Wide Kindness Day on Friday, Feb. 14, where
middle and high school students will read to students in grades K-2.
Residents are invited to visit the Tuckahoe Schools website for more information.
- 1 Woman Kicks, Spits At Officers During DWI Arrest In Eastchester, Police Say
- 2 Burglary Suspect Apprehended In Bronxville After Overnight Foot Chase
- 3 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 4 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Man Found Hiding In Closet At Edgemont Home Is Charged With Burglary