EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Eastchester's Ryan Maierle took first place in three swimming sprint events on his way to winning the Boys' 12-Under High Point Award at the 89th annual Westchester County Swimming and Diving Championships at Playland Pool in Rye on Thursday, July 31.
"I look forward to Counties each year," Maierle said. "The competition was tough, but I had a lot of fun and was excited to win High Point."
Maierle, an Eastchester Middle School student and swimmer for Lake Isle Swim and Dive Team, capped the annual four-day meet with a first-place finish in the boys' 12-and-under 50-yard freestyle with a time of 24.94.
The young swimming star also took Westchester County championships in the boys' 12-and-under 50-yard backstroke and 50-yard butterfly events earlier in the week.
- 1 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Former Tuckahoe Superintendent's Stepson
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Tuckahoe Among Latest Communities To Start Collecting Hotel-Motel Tax
- 4 Gang Members Charged With Murder, Other Felonies In White Plains Court
- 5 Eastchester Little Leaguers Claim District Championship