EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Eastchester High School graduate Danielle Cacciola earned the win on the mound for the Siena College softball team last week, locking up the squad's best record in school history.
Cacciola, a freshman at Siena, pitched three innings of relief in a back-and-forth 5-4 home victory over Cornell University. She scattered six hits and gave up a run, striking out one.
The win was Siena's 23rd of the year, the most wins in school history.
Cacciola is 5-4 on the year so far in 26 appearances, mostly out of the bullpen. In 66 2/3 innings pitched she has a 2.76 earned run average with 32 strikeouts and 20 walks.
Siena has already improved on their record, standing at 25-20 with seven games remaining in the regular season.
Cacciola was a Third Team All-State selection for Eastchester High after pitching the Eagles to a 20-3 record and the top seed in the Section I Class A Playoffs in 2013.
- 1 Woman Kicks, Spits At Officers During DWI Arrest In Eastchester, Police Say
- 2 Schumer Calls For Harsher 'Swatting' Penalties In Eastchester Visit
- 3 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Boil Water Advisory In Effect For Eastchester, Tuckahoe
- 5 Water Boil Advisory Issued In Eastchester, Tuckahoe